Nukeproof are getting right back into the component game on which they built the foundations for their World beating bikes thanks to the ever-expanding Horizon finishing kit.
Latest out of the furnace are their brand new Horizon wheels as shredded by two-time 4X World Champs medalist Luke Cryer. Who can forget the carbon shelled Atom Bomb Hubs from the 1990s or, of course, the Generators? These wheels come from a strong lineage.
Designed and developed on Ireland’s harshest trails with Nukeproof’s riders and engineers, these are aimed squarely at gravity riders seeking some serious upgrades. They’re trail, DH and enduro ready, with all-new CNC 7075 aluminium Hubs with 84 points of engagement (contact point every 4.2deg) and roll on EZO Japanese sealed cartridge bearings.
Each hub and rim is laced with 28 Sandvik 302t double butted spokes and brass nipples. (8 spare spokes are included in each wheelset).
The Horizon rim has been developed in conjunction with WTB and their tubeless ready system. The wider 29mm rim (internal diameter) ensuring the tyre is the perfect shape to give riders optimum grip. All wheelsets run downhill rated rims to ensure that they are tough enough for any trail, enduro or downhill track.
Nukeproof Horizon Wheels are available in the below specifications:
Available hub spacing:
- Front – 15mm x 100mm / 15mm x 110mm (boost) / 20mm x 110mm
- Rear – 12mm x 142mm / 12mm x 148mm (boost) / 12mm x 150mm
- Width – 29mm
- 27.5″ and 29″
- 562 (27.5″) and 599 (29″)
Rim Inner Width:
- 28 holes – 100mm x 15mm / 12mm x 142mm, 110mm x 15mm / 12mm x 148mm (boost)
- 32 holes – 20mm x 110mm / 12mm x 150mm
- 27.5″ 100mm / 142mm – 1995g
- 27.5″ 110mm / 148mm (BOOST) – 2020g
- 27.5″ 110mm / 150mm (DH) – 2025g
- 29″ 100mm / 142mm – 2095g
- 29″ 110mm / 148mm (BOOST) – 2120g
- £349.99 UK (Pair)
- $486.99 USA
- $439.99 Euro