It’s never been easy transferring the thrills of downhill onto a video game – sofas are a bit too comfy, the vibrations on the controller are a bit tame and you can do it in pjs… well ok, that last one’s not so different.
Designed by Mike Rose (no, not Dirt’s former ed) Descenders looks actually alright though. The animations are a bit funny (is it just us or are their arms too long?) but the flat out speed is definitely there.
The developers said: “From the developers of Action Henk, Descenders is a fast-paced extreme downhill biking game that’s easy to pick up, but difficult to master.
- Procedurally generated worlds: Take on different jumps, slopes and hillbombs every time you play
- Freestyle bike controls: Control every subtle movement of your rider, with an in-depth physics system made for slick whips and scrubs
- Risk vs reward: Push your rider for massive scores and combos — but bail too many times and you might lose it all
- Build your Rep: A fully-featured online Rep system lets you show off your worth, and earn new bikes and threads
- Become the next Descender: Can you survive the game in a single run, and reach the ranks of the legendary Descenders?”
Anyway, it’s out soon and apparently free if you fancy it so nothing to lose either way. We’re far from experts but there’s a load of info for all the gamers out there here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/681280/Descenders/