Shimano British Downhill: Round 4 Llangollen | Results
The Atherton's dominate on one of the toughest tracks in the UK. Results inside..
The one word that has been going around this weekend - carnage. Llangollen never fails to deliver and this weekend saw racers take on one of the toughest tracks in the UK.
Many of the UK's fastest racers turned up due to the big gap between now and the next World Cup round in August. The Atherton's took the win and the track proves exactly why so many British racers are as good as they are.
With many track changes over the weekend, from wet and slick on Saturday to dry, fast and loose today, riders opted for spikes and flats, with many just wanting to make it down in one piece. There was plenty of tree hugging and over the bar moments this weekend, even the pro's were finding it a challenge.
Sarah Staples caught some of the carnage from practice, the top section everyone just wanted to get down in one piece.
1. Gee Atherton - GT Factory Racing - 2:08.135
2. Joseph Smith - Chain Reaction Cycles/ NukeProof - 2:10.847
3. Danny Hart - Giant Factory Off Road Team - 2:11.542
4. Josh Bryceland - Santa Cruz Syndicate - 2:13.636
5. Sam Dale - Madison Saracen - 2:14.239
6. Ruaridh Cunningham - Unior Tools Team - 2:14.613
7. Matthew Simmonds - Madison Saracen - 2:15.788
8. Greg Williamson - Trek World Racing - 2:16.034
9. Gareth Brewin - J-Tech/Renthal - 2:16.148
10. Michael Jones - Chain Reaction Cycles/Nukeproof - 2:16.513
11. Joel Moore - Mojo/Muddybum Bikes - 2:17.825
12. Harry Heath - Orange Dirt World Team - 2:18.221
13. Marc Beaumont - GT Factory Racing - 2:19.265
14. Oliver Burton - Mondraker/Quench Cycles - 2:19.365
15. Adam Brayton - Hope Factory Racing - 2:19.624
16. Lewis Buchanan - Singeltrack Bikes/Kona/Silverfish/DVO - 2:20.860
17. Steve Peat - Santa Cruz Syndicate - 2:21.281
18. Scott Mears - Fox - 2:23.379
19. Richard Thomas - Wideopen Magazine - 2:23.601
20. George Gannicott - Gannicett Racing - 2:24.759
1. Rachel Atherton - GT Factory Racing - 2:30
2. Manon Carpenter - Madison Saracen - 2:40
3. Jess Greaves - Don Skene Cycles - 5:12
1. Reece Wilson - Alpine Bikes/ Unior Tools - 2:21.845
2. Matthew Barrett - Pearce Cycles/J-tech - 2:25.377
3. Jacob Dickinson - Orange Dirt World Team - 2:26.135
4. Andrew Dorrit - MS Mondraker - 2:26.191
5. Dan Farley - Kona/Wheelbase.co.uk 2:29.660
6. Nial Oxley - Great Rock - 2:32.325
7. Frazer McCubbing - Steve Peat Syndicate/Ae Bike shop - 2:32.646
8. Daniel Tay - Lodge Cycles/WDMBA/WDC Cuts - 2:32.677
9. Shaun Richards - 2:34.812
10. Laurie Greenland - Trek World Racing - 2:35.402
11. Taylor Vernon - GT Factory Racing - 2:36.233
12. William Weston - NS Bikes/Manitou/Hotlines - 2:36.371
13. Bradley Swinbank - Steve Peat Syndicate - 2:39.088
14. Lewis Boyce - PS Cycles/Cwmdown - 2:39.605
15. Drew Carters - Cut Media/Santa Cruz - 2:42.519
16. Edward Belk - 44Racing - 2:42.736
Full Results here...