I don’t know much about this race but it seems to be a one off event with a huge cash prize ($5000) and a great atmosphere (Check out back issue Dirt 65 for a report on it last year)
Apparently it was a huge turn out, with some 500 riders in both classes (Pro and Amateur), DJ’s were pumping out the sounds up and down the track which the beer swilling East Coasters loved.
The big news is that Canadian ripper Steve Smith took the win over World Champ Sam Hill.
“I feel amazing I am so stoked to win with so many great riders at the open.” said Steve
after his win.
U.S. Open Final Results:
1. Steve Smith (CAN) 2:36.737
2. Sam Hill (AUS) 2:37.326
3. Bryn Atkinson (AUS) 2:38.603
4. Matti Lehikoinen (FIN) 2:41.011
5. Andrew Neethling (RSA) 2:41.430
6. Filip Polc (SVK) 2:41.519
7. Brendan Fairclough (UK) 2:41.691
8. Geritt Beytgah (USA) 2:42.280
9. Amiel Cavalier (AUS) 2:42.641
10. Jurgen Beneke (GER) 2:42.783
Photos Ian Hylands
U.S. Open of Mountain Biking