Troy Lee releases new A2 MIPS helmet
One of the best gets better
If you were to put together a list of trail helmets, the Troy Lee A1 would always have been near the top, not bad considering it's been four years since its release.
The new helmet uses two separate types of foam and includes MIPS technology to produce what could be the safest helmet ever made.
It's going to be costing about £140 and should be at dealers later this month. The A1 isn't going anywhere either and will now be offered at a reduced £110 with MIPS added.
Troy Lee Designs A2 press release:
The all new A2 MIPS helmet for mountain bikers featuring an industry first in safety and performance. At TLD, Safety Is Our Priority.
Corona, CA, February 27, 2017: The A2 helmet redefines mountain bike safety, performance, style, comfort and ventilation. The first helmet in its class to combine EPP (for slow speed impacts) and EPS (for high speed impacts) in critical impact zones does a remarkable job of managing energy from impacts-along with MIPS rotational impact protection, the A2 helmet will set a new benchmark for mountain bike helmets.
The award winning predecessor to the A2, which is the A1 helmet, will now be offered at a lower price, standard with MIPS now at $139 USD. #KeepCoolGoFast #A2Helmet
• FIXED SIDE STRAP ANCHORS FOR A NO FUSS PERFECT FIT EVERYTIME (Aus/NZ version has adjustable side straps)
• SLIMLINE FLEXIBLE STABILIZER ARMS
• 13 POSITION ADJUSTABLE STABILIZER BASKETS AT SIDE AND REAR ATTACHEMENT LOCATIONS
• LARGE EYEPORT AND SIDE CLEARENCE FOR A PERFECT GOGGLE OR GLASSES FIT
• MULTIPLE CONFIGURATIONS FOR GLASSES STORAGE
• MULTI POSITION METALIZED CAM LOCK ADJUSTABLE REAR STABILIZER WITH +- 20 MM MOVEMENT (60MM HORIZONTAL, 20 MM VERTICAL)
• TLD ULTRA BREATHABLE HELMET BAG
• ACCESSORY STICKER KIT AND EXTRA VISOR HARDWARE INCLUDED
• 3 YEAR WARRANTY
• 13 DIFFERENT COLOR/DESIGN OPTIONS