Mountain Mania Cycles in Tring had a whole pile of bikes nicked last night, can any of you guys help?
Sadly it seems like every week we’re telling you lot about some bikes that have been stolen, and this time the bast*rds have made off with a fair old haul. Please keep an eye out for these bikes and if you’ve got any information then get in touch.
Here’s the info from Mountain Mania Cycles…
We had a break in at our Tring shop in Hertfordshire last night (Wednesday night / Thursday morning) around 2.30am. We had six high end Mountain Bikes stolen. The list is as follows:
Scott Genius LT 10 Large (2011 model) – £5000. This is an exceptionally rare bike, there can’t be but a handful of these in the UK.
Scott Scale 35 Medium (2011 model) – £1900
Mondraker Dune R Medium (2011 model) – £3200
Mondraker Factor R Medium (2011 model) – £2600
Rocky Mountain Slayer 50 18” (2011) – £2900
Trek EX 9.7 18.5” (2012 model) – £3000
If anyone has any information contact us on 01442 822458 or Hertfordshire Police direct using crime reference D3/12/273.
It seems that an awful lot of bike shop thefts are taking place this year, we can’t imagine that no-one knows where these bikes are going.
In light of this we are offering a substantial reward for information that leads to conviction of the culprits.
All this comes on top of having six high end road bikes stolen back in February from The Road Room, our road specialist store two doors down from the mountain bike shop.
Below are the details from February:
At 5.20am on 1/2/2012 our Road bike shop, The Road Room in Tring was broken into and the following bikes were stolen:
1) Scott Contessa CR1 Pro 2011 Triple Ultegra 49cm Gloss White/Purple/Orange
2) Scott Addict R2 2011 Double Ultegra 56cm Gloss Red/Black
3) Scott Addict R3 2011 Double 105 58cm Matt Black
4) Scott Foil 20 2012 Compact Ultegra 54cm Matt Black
5) Scott CR1 Pro 2012 Compact Ultegra 54cm Matt Red/Black. Non Standard spec, Fulcrum Racing Zero Wheels and Black bar tape one side, red on the other. This also had the Look Keo cleat analysis pedals fitted. Pretty distinctive as it was a staff bike.
6) Cube Agree GTC Race 2011 Compact Ultegra 58cm Blue/White
Again if you have any information about the whereabouts of these bikes then please let us know.