If you’ve not heard about this lottery funded scheme, then basically there is 50 million quid up for grabs which is a hell of a lot of money. There are four projects competing for the jackpot, the Black Country Urban Project, the Eden Project and two cycle related projects- Sustrans Connect2 and Sherwood the Living Legend.
Five minutes of your time to change the course of Sherwood’s Future
A huge thank you to all our supporters for helping to spread the word about Sherwood: The Living Legend.
Because of you, there’s a real buzz about the bid now, but just because we know how much Sherwood deserves this money – we could still fall at the final hurdle without your vote!
We have one chance and one chance only to transform Sherwood forest into world-class sustainable destination of which EVERYONE in Britain
can be proud
Sherwood: The Living Legend is a chance to reconnect our nation with nature and inspire a whole new generation to experience, enjoy and protect our natural world
How to Vote
Voting online is the easiest way to make your vote count and it’s free of charge* – voting is open NOW
There will be also be a small window during which phone votes are open from Friday 7th to Sunday 9th December – but the telephone number won’t be made public until after the final recap TV programme on Friday 7th December at 11pm.
You won’t be able to text a vote but if you txt ROBIN to 81025 (and even better ask all the friends in your phone to do the same) we promise to txt back a reminder and details of how to phone in your vote as soon as the lines are open.
See us on TV
You’ll get a chance to see Sherwood: The Living Legend on TV on Wednesday 5th December at 11pm. It’s not exactly prime time viewing so you can see just how much we’re relying on the passion, pride and commitment of our supporters to help spread the word and make sure every vote counts.
Remember a vote for Sherwood is a vote for
– Restoration and conservation: Protecting and expanding one of the world’s most famous forests with 300 hectares of new planting
– Regeneration: Creating an estimated 900 jobs and bringing approx £20 million into a former coalfield economy. More than 50 community projects will change the lives of people in some of the UKs most deprived areas
– Robin Hood: The legendary defender of justice and equality will have a fitting home at Sherwood Forest to inspire a whole new generation of young people
– Recreation: World-class visitor facilities and one of the largest networks of recreational traffic-free routes for cyclists, walkers and horse riders in Europe – linking more than 15 towns and cities
– Reconnecting a nation with nature: Free access to a culturally and environmentally unique natural attraction in the heart of England
Here’s what Sustrans say:
As a quick recap, Sustrans in the last stage of a competition to win £50million from the lottery. We’re in the final 4, against tough competition from Eden Project, The Black Country and Sherwood Forest. While there’s no doubt that Sherwood is a great scheme and will benefit bikers in the area, Sustrans Connect2 will mean new cycling and walking routes at 79 locations around the UK. It means finishing off the valley trail from Port Talbot to the trails at Afan Argoed and Glyncorrwg. It means being able to ride traffic free from Mud Dock to the trails at Ashton Court and Still Woods in Bristol. It means a mile-long railway tunnel being opened and lit to take you from the centre of Bath in to the countryside to the south. We want people to make up their own minds about who to vote for, but the most important thing is that people know about the competition and vote.
Voting is open NOW and will be open until 10th December.
THE PEOPLES 50 MILLION LOTTERY FUND