Fancy a job at Dirt selling adverts? Well if so you’re in luck because just such a job is up for grabs. Paul who currently does the job has obviously read one too many travel features in the mag cos he’s just decided to hand in his notice so that he can go to New Zealand and Canada for six months each! All right for some hey! Anyway, if you aren’t in a fortunate enough position to sack everything off and go and ride your bike for a year, then how about the next best thing…get a job with us!
If you might be interested in this role then below is some more information about the post, and should you fancy applying for the job after reading said info, then you can do that here.
Online & Classified Sales Executive
In a nutshell:
As the Online & Classified Sales Executive, you will be responsible for maximising revenue into Factory Media’s cycling websites and delivering the classified revenues for Dirt Magazine. You will be given key categories within the cycle market to target and service.
What you will actually do:
- Maximise revenue, by selling to all appropriate advertising opportunities.
- Increase Factory Media’s profile in the cycle market with clients and some agencies.
- Account manage client targets effectively to grow revenue.
- Have day to day responsibility for your allocation of advertisers, keeping the bike, online and print teams up to date with all the latest developments.
- Ensure all competitive leads are chased on a weekly basis.
- Effectively communicate Factory Media’s development plan within the cycle sector.
- Ensure you have sufficient knowledge of the competitive marketplace and its strengths and weaknesses.
- Collate data on advertisers’ marketing objectives to ensure focused sales effort and return.
- Maintain a transparent time management and telephone call system.
- Maximising your telephone call rates at all times.
What you will need:
- 2/3 years sales experience.
- Keen interest in cycling and the mountain biking sector.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong numeric skills.
- Strong negotiating and closing skills.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude, willing to learn in a fast-paced digital and print environment.
- Self-motivated, disciplined and hard working.
- A reliable team player.
- Mature, flexible and professional at all times.
- Excellent time keeping and organisational skills.
COMPANY: Factory Media