New 2010 Double Sneak Peak
I've had a 2009 Transition Double for over six months now and I can tell you it's an amazing machine. I've raced it downhill, taken over the jumps, been to the shops on it, even been on long hauls, so the thought of the awesomeness being increased by 27% for 2010 is just...well...awesome news.
We got a few of the new Doubles air shipped for the team riders for Sea Otter so we decided to share some pics. The main shipment is on a boat and will be here right when we get back from Sea Otter middle of this month. Here is the low down on the new frame and how we were able to increase the awesomeness by 27%.
For the 2010 Double it was all about refinement and taking an already dialed frame to the next level. We looked at every tube, yoke, cnc'd bit and hardware to come up with the cleanest and trickest frame we could imagine. The result is a stronger and lighter Double that is more capable for a wider use of disciplines.
1. New proprietary formed tubeset for the front triangle. Internal headtube gusset and tube shapes that mate up perfectly to the tapered headtube for increased strength.
2. Adjustable travel via our new flip chip in the rocker arm. Travel options are now 80 or 100mm.
3. Internal chainstay cable routing for the rear derailleur.
4. Trick new custom pivot bolts that are our own design that match up nicely to dials on Fox forks.
5. 3 new colors to choose from, Raw, Lemon Lime Green, Cyan Blue.
Custom built Double
Internal tube gusset on our new formed tubing. Super clean.
New rear end with internal chainstay cable routing.
New adjustable travel rocker with chamfered edges and new pivot bolts.