Tax dodge? Technical malfunction? A kilo of coke hidden in the frame? We’re not really sure what’s going on here but it definitely looks to us like someone is bidding to buy this Carrera for £65,000.
With 42 bids and many of those above £50k, this looks like far more than a simple typo. For those not in the UK, Carrera are sold through chain-brand Halfords and while they’re fine for beginners or someone pootling around town, we wouldn’t really call them downhill worthy. This one really takes the biscuit though.
Let’s take a closer look: fork decals from a RockShox Bluto (designed for fat bikes), ‘Kashima’ stanchions (that we’d put money on being fakes), a ridiculous stem stack, a mud guard that’s closer to the ceiling than the wheel and tyres that would look more at home on a dirt jump bike. This is a true frankenbike.
Here’s the full description from the seller. It’s filled with more gems such as “10 mile range”, what does that even mean?
- “Crankset Shimano Deore XT FC-M782 10 speed MTB
- Pedals Shimano Saint PD- MX80
- Rotors Shimano Deore xt 6 bolt mtb
- Bouth levers Shimano deore xt M785
- Bouth shifters deore xt m780 3×10 speed
- Front derailleur deore xt fd-m785 10 speed
- Rear derailleur deore xt m786 shadow 10 speed long cage
- Cassette Shimano deore xt m771 10 speed
- Air rear Shock with lockout 165×35mm 2016 DNM Downhill
- Wheels 26″
- Tyres Schwalbe 26×2.35
- Include gift bike locker
- 10 mile range EXCELLENT CONDITION!
- If any questions please contact
- HAPPY BIDDING”
It looks to us like there are two bidders who are currently competing for the bike but with six days to go, we dread to think how much this will end up going for.