Intense launch the carbon Tracer T275...and Kovarik rips the trail a new hole with it
If you're wondering just how capable the new Intense Tracer T275 is, then Chris Kovarik has the answer...
If you've read our 2014 Dirt 100 you'll have noticed that several Intense frames managed to make the grade, namely the 951 EVO, Carbine 29, and Spider 29 Comp. Intense's Tracer 275 unfortunately didn't quite make the grade though, we just found it a little to steep and high, plus of course we'd already been spoilt by their carbon offerings. What we really wanted was a carbon version with slightly tweaked geometry, and thankfully that is what Intense how now delivered in the shape of this new Tracer T275.
Aside from being a degree slacker and a little lower at the bottom bracket, there are also a few other subtle but welcome changes. The travel has been upped 10mm to a maximum of 160mm (it can be adjusted down to 145mm should you wish), and thanks to the lack of chunky replaceable dropouts this frame is now 27.5" specific, and a whole lot lighter and sleeker for it. Also, the internal cable routing is now fully lined to make maintenance easier, and thanks to what Intense have learnt whilst making their other carbon frames, they reckon this is the best one they've ever made.
More tech details on the frame can be seen further down, but let's not waste any more time, instead let's watch Chris Kovarik demonstrate exactly what this frame was made for; ripping up trails like there's no tomorrow...
Oh to be able to drift like Kovarik.
Tracer T275 Carbon Highlights
- Full carbon frame
- 6.25 or 5.75-inches (160 or 145mm) of rear wheel travel
- 27.5-inch wheels
- VPP2 suspension
- Tapered headtube
- Press fit bottom bracket shell with ISCG05 mounts
- Integrated 142X12 dropouts
- Internal cable routing system (including Stealth Reverb)
- 66.5-degree head angle
- 74.5-degree seat tube angle
- 13.5-inch (343mm) bottom bracket height
- 17-inch (432mm) chainstays
- Colors: Naked and Red
- Frame Weight: 5.6-pounds (2.5 kg) for size M frame with Fox CTD shock
- Complete Weight: Factory - 26.7-pounds, size L (12.1kg) // Pro - 28.0-pounds, size L (12.7kg) // Expert - 29.1-pounds, size S (13.2kg)
- Pricing: Factory Build - $9,999 // Pro Build - $6,599 // Expert Build - $5,999 // Frame and RockShox Monarch Plus Shock - $3,199
UK Pricing is TBC