New Giro Feature Helmet
Giro have a new trail lid on the way.
Just 'looking around' and I came across this new trail helmet from Giro. We loved the old Xen (a mixture of skate lid and XC lid) but then Giro brought out their new Xar not so long ago as a kind of replacement for the Xen...and we weren't as keen on it. It went a bit too much towards the 'XC look' for us. So I was pretty happy when I saw this new 'Feature'. Info is sketchy at the moment...in–mould technology, loads of colours (matt black, titanium, white-grey, matt olive, red, deep teal and highlighter yellow etc.), but we should be seeing samples very soon. Expect fit, sizing and safety to be right up there.
Just had an update from the crew at Giro here in the UK, so here are some more details for you all...oh yeah, it will be £69.99:
1. Traditional skate-styling.
2. Light-weight in-mold design.
3. 12 vents and optimized front to rear channelling.
4. Narrow temple design from vertical internal channelling technology.
5. MTB goggle compatible design.
6. In-Form fit system.
7. Adjustable, 3 bolt moto-style visor.
8. Ultra-light Slimline fixed position stitched webbing.
9. Light-weight buckle.
10. Slimline webbing retainer.
11. Out-board, skate-style webbing.
12. Coolmax compression moulded padding.
13. 3 Super Fit Sizes: S, M, L.
14. Certified to CE EN1078.