Coast Gravity Park - Coming in 2014!
The Coastal Gravity Park is currently in early the stages of development. Situated on the Sunshine Coast, the trails are a few hundred feet above sea level and rarely get measurable or sustained snowfall, which means there could be lift access all year round.
Over the years the Coastal Crew have been working with riders to develop some of the most loved trails on the Sunshine Coast. The opportunity to develop the trails into a full scale bike park with lift access is now attainable, and the Coastal Crew need your help to make it happen.
The crew behind the project have started a funding campaign with the aim of creating a unique bike park:
We have always strived to make the best and most unique trails possible and now there is an opportunity to share them with you. The most rewarding thing about our jobs is getting people out on their bikes. This is the best platform to do it. We are so excited to showcase our unique terrain, and provide riders with the true coastal experience.
Trail Design and Head Builders
- To create a place that directly benefits the community, provides new jobs, and encourages kids and youth to get outside and enjoy nature
- Provide a gravity-fed mountain bike park with trails for every level of enthusiast
- Be the first park to provide lift access riding all year round
- Your contributions will support trail construction and other rider friendly infrastructure. Help us set a new standard for “bike park" trails. The more support we receive from you, the rider, the more trails we will create for you to come and ride!
- We are currently accepting bids for several lift options. Our target decision date is January 2014 with a completion window of summer 2014 to spring 2015.
- We are very committed to keeping you informed every step of the way about everything lift, trail and amenity related.
The funding site allows riders to pre-buy their lift passes and receive other benefits for helping to fund the park.
Months have been spent developing our trail network from top to bottom but now we need your feedback. We want to know how many of you want to come ride here next season, and how many trails we need. By reaching our goal we will be able optimize our trail network and provide the best riding atmosphere in the industry.
We are offering for you to be one of the first to experience the new standard. By contributing today, you will be a builder of the worlds next great gravity park.
Coast Gravity Park - What makes them different?
- Lift access mountain biking ends Oct 16 in Canada and the whole Pacific Northwest of the United States. Thousands of enthusiasts must wait with anticipation until late spring. We can provide almost year round, lift access mountain biking.
- The current inventory of lift access mountain biking around the world has been superimposed around chairlifts which are built to optimize the ski season. Most start at several thousand feet above sea level. This means the snow comes early and leaves late. Our Park is only a few hundred feet above sea level and rarely receives measurable or sustained snowfall.