Burgtec Penthouse Flats. MkIII
These arrived in the office yesterday, 5 pairs of the new Burgtec Penthouse Flats.
Now in the MkIII carnation, these are lighter, thinner, and grippier than ever before. This is what Burgtec have to say about them...
Introducing the new Penthouse Flat Mk3s Burgtec’s best ever pedal. How do you improve on a World cup winning pedal? We kept the best aspects of the mk2 pedal, surface area, pin position and durability. These were factored into the design of the mk3s
There are 3 major changes to the pedal design
1. Lower profile. The thinner pedal allows better ground clearance.
2. Lighter weight. A pair of mk3 pedals are 250 grams lighter than a pair of mk2 pedals. A major concern of racers nowadays is weight. But our major priority is reliability. Yes you can buy lighter pedals on the market but we make sure our pedals will last a minimum of 3 seasons of solid race abuse. That’s why we offer a 3 year warranty on the body and axle of the pedal.
3. Unique Pin design allows damaged pins to be taken out with ease. Where most pedals take the pin through the pedal which can lead the pin braking off and damaging the body. The new pin comes up through the pedal which allows you to remove the pin no matter how damaged the head is. Also the the pin head has been designed with a breaking point that no matter how hard you hit an obstacle it will break before ripping the pin out.
· Colours: Black, silver, snow camo, red, purple, blue
· Huge surface area & pin design ensure grip when you need it most. · 22mm thin pedal profile. · Easy to remove pins · Pin has 4mm diameter and is diamond knurled for added traction · 1.5mm Dish allows your feet to sit into the pedal, increasing grip
· Fully CNCed pedal body machine from aircraft grade 204 2TG Aluminum billet.
· Unique pedal body design allows all pins to be removed. · Weight 500g with steel axles. 460g with Ti axles
· Super strong axles for maximum power transfer from rider to bike.
· Dual sealed bearing arrangement for smoother running.
· 3-Stage process on axle: plasma coating, nickel-plating, titanium nitriding.
· Axles made from the finest EN24 T steel. · Fully serviceable every part is replaceable. · Maintenance made easy. Simple design allows for easy pedal repairs