This summer was one of the best ever in the Portes du Soleil as far as weather goes. Here is a quick list of things that happened and a couple photos to go with……
1. Timo won The Chatel Mountain Style contest and I was most impressed when Bearclaw 3’d the big drop up on top of the course.
2. We did some filming for Kranked 8 in some secret locations in the PDS. Here is a shot of me filming with Romo on a trail I built.
photo by John Welburn
3. We will have a DH and 4X World Cup event in Champery for 2010 and World Champs in 2011. I hope we can use that as an excuse to build some more trails.
4. I built a new trail in Morgins that seems to be going over pretty well and I just got word that I will be building a fifth trail in Morgins next spring.
5. We had a race in Morgins where your times are combined on 4 tracks and the best overall rider takes home a couple hundred francs, a wheel of cheese and a 5 liter bottle of beer. Dan Yoemans took the overall with James Stock and Ludo May close behind. I managed to put down the fastest time on the Black trail but I was an organizer and opener so it didn’t count , hehe.
6. I will continue the list at a later date. I have to go get some photos from my brother.