Intense Tracer 29 – It’s a complex situation. Everything you think is right is not…
From Dirt Issue 123 – May 2013
Words by Steve Jones. Photos by Steve Jones.
This is all a bit Total Recall. You ever f–ked a mutant? Me neither, but I’ve had some weird feelings over the past 24 months. These were a few that have crossed my mind over the past few minutes of how to begin this feature on Intense’s 29” Tracer:
- after a decade in which Intense cycles produced fewer memorables than many expected, the past few years have been pretty much total recall. Intense have been on holiday to Mars but now they’re back.
- one of the lightest, lowest, longest, burliest, fastest 140mm bikes I’ve ever ridden.
- OK lets say I’m telling the truth and this is all a dream.
- What strikes me most about recent bikes from Intense is their lightweight robustness; Jeff Steber and his team are quietly putting together a bunch of forceful bicycles.
- Intense will soon be having riders in a flap over model choice.
- I’ve been trying to tell you, someone has erased my memory.