Troy Lee helmets are modern day classics (ridden by the likes of Steve peat, brendan fairclough, brandon semenuk and many more), and they have just had a bit of a Springtime-tart up! Some tweaks and new colourways and designs. Loving them. Here’s the official info from TLD themselves.
It is always tough to make the best in class even better, but Troy Lee’s impressive list of athletes and designers that drive innovation leads into 2016 with another new standard in premium head protection.
• NEW head form/shape that has been slightly modified to accommodate some comfort zones that our customers and athletes wanted updated for better fit. Extensive testing led us to a slight modification that will allow the D3 to accommodate more riders.
• NEW cheek pad, our “3D cheek pads feature an updated shape and contour to better fit the jaw and cheek area. This new 3D cheek pad extends more toward the front of the helmet/chinbar area as well, for a more secure fit.
• NEW smoothed edge trim on the face molding area.
• NEWLY added additional EPS protection in the key frontal impact zones for even greater safety.
• 3 different EPS size ranges, with 6 different sized cheek/headliner kits, for a huge range of sizing.
• Machined titanium visor screws and ‘D-ring’ chin strap fasteners for reduced weight.
• Custom made helmet bag comes with every D3 helmet composite or carbon.
• D3 comes with 2 fully adjustable, matching graphics visors.
• Inner dual-density shock pad system helps absorb smaller impacts, withstands multiple hits and add greater durability for the single impact absorbing EPS liner.
• 14 intake ports over forehead, brow and chin areas guide airflow past rider’s head for maximum ventilation.
• 6 high-flow exhaust vents release hot air ensuring an even flow of cool air throughout the helmet’s interior.
• Removable and washable comfort liner with Coolmax® and Dri-Lex® materials.
• Technologically advanced aerospace carbon / composite shell construction.
• EXCEEDS CPSC 1203, CE EN 1078, ASTM F1952, ASTM F2032, AND AS/NZS 2063:2008
We launched the A1 helmet 3 seasons ago, after being the first to offer a extended coverage helmet in the early 90’s, with the ‘TLD Edge’, we focused on perfecting the full face market with our D-series, then we came back in the game with the A1 and it has been a bigger success than we ever imagined.