Ten years old and still one of the helmets to beat, the Fox Flux is a familiar face at both trail centres and uplift venues throughout the UK.
It made the Dirt 100 in 2013 and 2014 and we named it one of the best helmets of 2015. It’s been a quiet few years for the lid recently though as the Metah and Proframe stole the limelight but it actually remained Fox’s best selling product.
Fox today released an updated version and it’s going to bring the tech and styling of the Proframe to the type of rider who may not be out for a fully gravity-fed rip.
Dave Ahumada Fox MTB Global Marketing Manager, said: “Our goal with the redesign of the Flux was to maintain the original feel of the helmet which made it such a success in the sport. It was recognized and reviewed as one of the most comfortable helmets in the market while adding the coverage aggressive trail riders demanded. We have taken those qualities and improved in nearly every area of performance with the new version, while also taking the design in a striking new direction which was directly influenced by our top selling Proframe full face trail helmet.”
So, waht’s new? Well Fox say:
“Every detail of the new Flux helmet has been redesigned to focus on the needs of the aggressive trail rider. We have incorporated the feedback provided by our elite team riders and consumers into the design with updated features such as:
- 300 Degree retention system provides nearly a full wrap around the head providing a premium level of fit and comfort.
- Our proven VARIZORB ™ multi density EPS liner helps with linear impacts by spreading the force of the blow across a wider surface area.
- Adjustable visor allows for easy on bike adjustment for an individualized setting.
- An internal cage built in to the EPS liner provides additional strength to the overall structure of the helmet.
- A MIPS (Multi-directional Impact Protection System) version is available with additional performance and comfort features.
Designed and developed over a 2-year period by the same team who created the iconic Proframe helmet, the Flux and Flux MIPS have been through rigorous testing on trails all over the world. The helmets will be available at finer bike shops around the world on February 7, 2018.”
Ours has just come through the door and we’ll get it tested and reviewed asap. Keep it tuned.