Martin from Hotlines has just this very minute dropped off a Ghost NorthShore fresh out of Germany.
I’ll be honest and say I was on the phone the entire time (something happening with the Dirt website…stay tuna-d) so I didn’t get the full run down.
But what I did manage to over hear was this:
Frame will cost £1300.
Full build will be £2400 with Rockshox Domain fork, X Fusion shock, Elixir 3 brakes, X9 hubs, X7 mech, 780mm Boobar, Truvativ stem and cranks, E-Thirteen chain device.
4 bar rear with a “bogey roller” (might have misheard that bit), which means a high pivot point can be used which gives a better axle path without chain feed back problems.
What else…well Marcus Klausmann had something to do with the design of the bike.
Available through Hotlines.
As ever a full review/test will be in the glossy Dirt Magazine soon so keep your eyes and potatoes peeled for that.
In the meantime have a look at the beauty.
Aha, just checked the Hotters website and they have the full tech lowdown on the beast with more acronyms than you can shake a stick at:
• 3D Forged Dropout: Thanks to 3D-hot forging technology it is now possible to forge even the most difficult three-dimensional molds. Unlike milled components, 3D forging technology yields a denser material structure of the aluminium alloy, which results in improved structural strength.
• BCG – Balanced Center of Gravity: Due to the low bottom bracket and a central damper position, the center of gravity is central and low. The perfect weight distribution guarantees neutral and balanced handling.
• CCH – Continuous Cable Housing: Our mountain bikes feature derailleur cables with continuous cable housing. Great long-term shift performance is guaranteed by eliminating any negative effects dirt might cause in the derailleur cables.
• GCS – GHOST Custom Setup: In cooperation with our damper suppliers we perfectly tuned the dampers to GHOST’s frame kinematics. The setup was optimized specifically for GHOST and guarantees perfect performance. An ideal setup and the sky is the limit!
• GQC – Ghost Quality Control – WE Test – YOU Ride: We only accept premium quality. This is why our bicycles and all components are tested according to the latest technology standards. Our test labs enable us to simulate trail and real-world riding in the lab and to fast-forward a bike’s entire life cycle within a few days. We want to make absolutely sure that you are not a part of our test series, but get a bicycle you can trust.
• Hydroforming Tubeset (Oberrohr/Unterrohr): Our aluminium frames featuring this new technology draw attention to themselves, but not only for their distinct appearance. By tuning the tube, we achieve a weight-stiffness optimization which provides the entire bike with increased stability at a lower weight
• LFT – Low Friction Technology: Because of the low transmission ratio the required damper pressure is very low and minimal friction in the damper is caused, which in return results in outstanding responsiveness.
• TLC – Tender Loving Care: Our bike think tank thrives on the daily motivation and commitment of our team to do their best for your bicycle. Even after office hours the fascination and love for bicycle sports has a hold on us. We are proud of our bikes and rest only when you’re happy with your GHOST as well.
• Anti Squat Technology: Clever positioning of the chainstay’s pivot points eliminates squatting during pedalling (anti-squat effect) and offers efficient power transmission without unwanted bobbing. Traction is improved and negative forces are eliminated.
• Bogey Roll: The damping system is no longer affected by the rider’s weight on the pedals. By using the Bogey Roll, the chain growing effect approaches Zero and no longer interferes with the active damping process.
• CoC – Center of Competence: Competence Center Waldsassen: Development and assembly, test procedures and rides, everything happens under one roof here.
• GCT – GHOST Custom Tubing: We do not use standardized tubesets, but develop our frames and required tubes ourselves. A lightweight, yet sturdy frame requires specifically adapted forms and wall thicknesses.
• Handmade – Hand assembled in Germany: Our bikes are assembled by hand at our headquarters in Waldsassen. Our “All under one roof“ strategy makes for short distances, a fast supply chain, and guarantees high quality assembly. We can be flexible and guarantee quicker availability of our bikes.
• ISCG – International Standard for Chain Guide: Our 4X and DH frames are ISCG compatible. The International Standard Chain Guide is a standardized 3-point mounting system to mount chain guides to bottom bracket shells. The advantage: Mounting chain guides does not require disassembly and reassembly of the bottom bracket.
• NBS – Needle Bearing System: The innovative needle bearing at the damper’s rocker linkage results in a considerable reduction in friction. This also reduces the break-away torque that you constantly have to overcome while riding your bike, resulting in the most sensitive chain stay of all time.
• X12: Thanks to the new X-12 rear-axle standard, it makes sense to use a through-axle system on a wider spectrum of bicycles for the first time. The Syntace X-12 system is light and yet super stiff because the hub axle is clamped tightly into the chainstay under great axial tension.
• Model: Northshore
• Frame: DH 7005 LFT BG
• Shock: X-Fusion Vector RC 200 mm
• Rear travel: 200 mm
• Fork: Rock Shox Domain Dual Crown 200 mm
• Front travel: 200 mm
• Handlebar: Truvativ Boobar 780mm 31.8 mm
• Stem: Truvativ Holzfeller Direct mount 31.8 mm
• Crankset: Truvativ Holzfeller 38 mm incl. Integrated BB
• Brakes: Avid Elixir CR Disc 203/185 mm
• Brake lever: Avid Elixir 3
• Rear derailleur: SRAM X7
• Shifter: SRAM X.5 Trigger
• Cassette sprocket: Shimano 11-32
• Rims: Alex Supra 4X Disc
• Hubs: SRAM X.9 X 12 mm
• Saddle: GHOST VL 1376
• Seatpost: Ritchey Comp 34.9 mm
• Spokes: DT Swiss 1.8
• Headset: FSA Gravity Reducer Headset
• Front tire: Schwalbe Muddy Mary Performance 2.5
• Rear tire: Schwalbe Muddy Mary Performance 2.5