Billy is our online editor.
He wear loads of different fashionable items, but some of these things he wears more than others.
Raceface DH ¾ shorts
I know what you’re thinking, “déjà vu”. Yes, Ed H featured these shorts in his Hammered attire the other month, but coincidently I have a pair too and they’re also my favourites. Jonesy gave me these shorts about two years ago and they have been my number one riding pant ever since. They’re long and cover the knees, naked knees are a big no–no for me. They’ve got vents, but I’ve never used them. The big plus factor for me is the zip pockets; I love zip pockets and these ones are big and deep, great for keeping your phone, keys and a Mars Bar in.
Silverfish 01752 843 882
TSG Timo Pritzel Knee Guards
I got these from a box in the attic. I’ve got skinny knees and yet these fitted a treat with no slippage, and they stay in place all day. I can’t report too accurately on impact testing as oddly I haven’t binned it in a while, but I must have done at some point and my knees still work, so they must tick that box too.
Ison Distribution 01223 213 800
Dakine Cross X Glove
I usually wear whatever is lying around the office, but I’ve had these for a while and they’re one of the few pairs that I’ve made a real effort not to lose. No holes in fingers or palms yet. Comfy fit.
Surf Sales 01303 850 553
I bought this jacket for about twenty five quid at a market stall in Abergavenny, so it could be a fakey. For me biking jackets should be cheap as chips because you
usually end up crashing and tearing the buggers. The only drawback to this one is that it doesn’t satisfy my fetish for zip pockets, but it keeps me dry and my T–shirt mud free.
Price: twenty five quid/not sure if
it’s available any more.
Abergavenny Indoor Market 01873 735 811
Nike 6.0 Shoes
Whenever my posh going–out shoes get shabby I use them for riding. These were my posh going–out shoes a while back, but now they work perfectly on the pedals.
Price: £40 quid–ish
Nike UK 0800 0561 640
Bell Faction Helmet
The piss pot is a classic in my book. You can’t go wrong with the simple styling and functionality of a lid like this Bell one, and I feel safer in this than in an XC lid. I’m not bothered about heating or vents.
Madison 0800 1300 598
Helly Hansen Base Layer
I just noticed that all my kit looks very black. It’s not a look I intentionally went for, but it’s good for not showing up the dirt too much. Anyway, everybody should have a HH base layer, they’re essential.
Helly Hansen 01159 608 797
- Pedal Test | Hammered
- Santa Cruz Blur 4X Frame | Hammered
- Why Doesn’t Tarzan Have A Beard? | Hammered
- Pedals | Hammered
- Stuff I wear for doin' photos like. Steve Jones | Hammered
- Tyres | Hammered
- Shifting | Hammered
- Ed's Office Attire | Hammered
- Bontager, Mavic & Shimano Wheels | Hammered
- Billy's Kit | Hammered
- Grant Robinson is a funny guy 152 Mailshot | Hammered
- Grant Robinson - Riding Kit | Hammered
- Super Sweet Superco | Hammered
- Manitou Dorado | Hammered
- Transition transAM Review | Hammered
- Stanton Slackline Bike Review | Hammered
- Transition Bank Bike Review | Hammered
- Canyon Strive ESX 9.0 LTD Bike Review | Hammered
- Specialized Stumpjumper EVO 29 | Hammered
- BMW Big Ben | Hammered
- Fox 32 831 4X/Dirt Jump Fork | Hammered
- Easton Haven Wheelset | Hammered
- Production Privée Shan Review - Hammered
- BOS Stoy Rear Shock Review - Hammered
- Odi Lock-On Grips Reviewed | Hammered
- Hayes Stroker Gram Brakes Review | Hammered
- DT Swiss XM 1550 Tricon Wheelset Review | Hammered
- Nukeproof Snap Review | Hammered
- Halo 4XR Wheels Review | Hammered
- Thule 591 Proride Bike Carrier Review | Hammered
- Arc'teryx Beta FL Jacket and Fox Shuttle Pant Review | Hammered
- XTR Trail Brakes Review | Hammered
- XTR Shadow Plus Rear Mech Review | Hammered
- Mojo Powa Fender Review | Hammered
- Chris King Hubs Reviewed | Hammered
- Birzman 40 Piece Toolbox | Hammered
- Marzocchi 55 RC3 Evo Titanium | Hammered
- KS Lev Seatpost Review | Hammered
- Continental Mud King 2.3 Review | Hammered
- Scott Mind Shorts | Hammered
- Used and Abused | Hammered