These have just landed in the office ready for testing. First impressions from the Dirt HQ are that the Carbon fork guards could improve the longevity of the fork and save it from uplift battle scars, they seem pretty responsive too, but we’ll put them through their paces and see how they fare with other contenders.
- The HLR damper is a twin-tube, cartridge based damper which features high and low speed, independently adjustable compression and rebound damping adjustment.
- Carbon fork guards protecting the magnesium lower legs.
- Neutra Valve pressure release valves to neutralize internal pressure providing the most consistent spring rate characteristics.
- Nvolve Wiper seals reducing seal drag and increasing durability
- Single Bolt 20mm Pinch Axle
- Optimized Dual Crowns for 26 and 27.5 inch wheels
- Clip on frame guards
We spotted a pair of these at Eurobike earlier this year:
Weight: 6.1lbs/2767 grams
Wheel Size: 26 inch or 27.5 inch
Travel: 200mm (ITA 180-200mm)
Stanchion: 36mm Aluminum
Damper: Twin Tube HLR Cartridge
Adjustments: High and Low Speed Compression, Rebound
Steerer: 1 1/8th Dual Crown
Axle: Bolt-On 20mm
Features: Neutra Valves, Fork Guards
Colors: Matte Black, Smoked Chrome
Axle to Crown: 26in. 569mm, 27.5in. 579mm @ 200mm of travel
Offset: 26in. 42mm, 27.5in. 46mm
Max Rotor Size: 203mm
Open Gallery8 Images
The X Fusion guys are confident that the RV1 HLR Forks can hold their ground against forks currently on the market. They will be available to buy in the UK next year. The US prices are:
RV1 HLR (Matte Black) $1399.99 US
RV1 HLR (Smoked Chrome) $1449.99 US
UK Prices will be in the magazine once we’ve tested them out.