12/11/2009 | 7 comments
The new Mondraker Summum is here.
At 5 o’clock yesterday evening, a bike box arrived. It was a special bike box, containing one of this year’s most anticipated bikes, the Mondraker Summum.
We’ve got the Pro Team spec, which is pretty much as Fabien Barel ran his bike this year, with Mavic Deemax Ultimate wheels (they’ve got bladed spokes!), XTR Cranks and mech, and the new Fox RC4 shock.
The batteries have gone in our angle finder, but we can tell you that the head angle really is as slack as it looks. The bike is super adjustable though, with head angle inserts, cam links to adjust bottom bracket height, and also a wheelbase adjustment insert on the dropouts.
The news has taken a while to get on here because the anticipation to ride it took over and I went for a sneaky couple of runs down at the local spot this morning. Anyway, heres a spec list of our build and some pictures. Expect to see more in the magazine soon!
- Frame: Mondraker Summum Pro Team
- Shock: Fox DHX RC4
- Forks: Fox 40 FIT RC2
- Headset: FSA Internal
- Brakes: Formula The One (180mm Rotors)
- Wheelset: Mavic Deemax Ultimate
- Cranks: Shimano XTR (167.5mm length)
- Rear Mech: Shimano XTR carbon cage
- Shifter: Shimano XT
- Chainguide: E.13 LS1
- Pedals: Onoff
- Stem: Mondraker direct mount
- Bars: Mondraker/Onoff Morph Downhill
- Seatpost: Easton EC90
- Saddle: WTB Silverado (with Mondraker/Subaru team logos)