I’m writing a piece for an upcoming Dirt Mag looking in to the effect that Strava has had on mountain biking. This seems to be a very emotive issue with some very strong opinions both for and against. The technology and the data it produces has been used both positively and negatively but depends on who’s using it, their intentions and responsibly.
To gauge Dirt readers feelings on the subject it would be a great if you could answer the following questions relating to you own experiences and leave comments below expanding on them.
Do you use Strava mountain biking?
- Yes (67%)
- No (33%)
How has Strava affected your riding?
- It has improved my time on the bike (85%)
- It has had an adverse effect on my time on the bike (15%)
Do you plan rides to specifically put times in on segments?
- Some of the time (62%)
- Never (30%)
- Most of the Time (8%)
How has Stava affected your local trails?
- No significant change (77%)
- The trails have seen an increase in use due to Strava (23%)
I think Strava is...
- a good thing for Mountain Biking (81%)
- a bad thing for Mountain Biking (19%)