National 4x Championship and round 5 of the NPS 4x is taking place at South West Extreme, North Devon this weekend, 14& 15th August.
The track was built by 4x World Cup rider Will Evans who sent us some piccies and info below.
“The track is approximately 360 long with 5 corners 2 of which burmed, 1 a flat bank, and 2 flat. The track has steps, drops, pump bumps table tops, a gnarly rock garden and a do or die pro-line.
The number one priority for me when designing/ building the track was to ensure that it races well with all four riders. I believe that 4x racing is at it’s best when the riders make the action. And hopefully the new track at South West Extreme will provide great racing for both the riders and spectators.”
Open Gallery16 Images
The start straight has a 4m high steep start hill, into a roll able double, pump bump, 2m long drop to a kicky step up to stepped landing.
-First corner is a high 90degree burm with logs on the inside. With two steps on thee exist.
– Second corner is a flat bank turn (not bowled).
– Third straight- 1.5x 4 table to a steep 2x 5m double, followed by two rises
– Third corner- Flat with a small burm around the out side.
– Forth straight- 2x log drops to a 5m aggressive rock garden on a rise.
– Forth corner- Huge 90 degree burm with a flat open inside
– Fifth straight- 1x 2m rock drop, followed by a 4 pack to high rise
– Fifth Corner- a wide dropping flat corner
– Final straight- large pump bump to slit lines;
– Pro line- 2x8m double to 1.5x 6m step up to 1.5x 6m step down.
– 4 technical table tops ranging from 3-5m in length.