Hello, welcome to Dirt please use the links below to jump to a specific section.

Navigation Search Content Other Mpora Sites

2013 Dirt 100: Ibis Mojo HD

07:00 26th December 2012 by Billy Thackray
9 Comments
Share:

IBIS MOJO HD

In the world of enduro racing there is one bike that appears more than possibly any other, the Ibis Mojo HD. You’ll find Crawford Carrick- Anderson slaying the UK enduro scene aboard his, likewise Manuel Ducci atop the coveted Italian Super Enduro series’ podium, and across the pond the brand’s main ambassador, Brian Lopes, has had numerous wins and podiums aboard his.

In the tough world of Italian Super Enduro racing a bike has to have it all in order to succeed. It must descend with the best, be able to pedal up the highest mountains and, above all, it must make it through one of the most demanding race calendars in the world. The fact that so many of the field choose to buy the HD, even with its hefty price tag, is surely testament to the ability of the bike.

The biggest reason why we love the HD is because it’s probably the only bike other than Specialized’s Enduro that you really can pedal all day and still trust on even the most gnarled of downhills. Carbon doesn’t come cheap, but as far as ‘boutique’ looks and raw performance go, this is one of the finest bikes available.

Price:TBC
2Pure 08448 112 001

www.ibiscycles.co.uk

1. euan cr

“probably the only bike other than Specialized’s Enduro that you really can pedal all day and still trust on even the most gnarled of downhills”

Are you not forgetting the Nomad Carbon in that list?

1. chris

the nomad carbon has wallowy vpp…i know ive had a tracer an uzzi and a nomad. i gave up with vpp for good as its tiring on the climbs despite being terrific going down.

1. Percy

Are you high?

2. greg

i would really like Dirt to get their legs over a Turner 5 Spot (and a Turner DHR for that matter) and see what they’ll have to say about that bike. Superb bike, even more refined – or perhaps evolved is a better word – linkage. Both are DW, but not identical no. I was on my way to buy a HD, but went down the Turner route instead due to a smashing deal on a 5 Spot – and i’ve never been so completely happy with one as i was with my 09. Still upgraded to a 2012 though, though haven’t ridden it much yet sadly (missing parts delayed the build massively). Other than that i personally would like to see Ann Caro mentioned in the article as well :)

3. Emerson Ferreira Nogueira

4. Stephen Stanway

Chris you havin a laugh nomad c cant climb wtf .The ibis is also great bike i feel but not an amazing one like the nomad c . I
    am probably bias though

5. Paul

I’m also going to call you on the “it’s probably the only bike other than Specialized’s Enduro that you really can pedal all day and still trust on even the most gnarled of downhills” BS. I expect better from Dirt. Surely there are 10 superb frames out there that will do this – and not all cost 2k+. I’m running a 2011 5 Spot with some 55Ti’s and it pisses all over an Enduro and will still be rocking 5 years from now. Mojo does look nice though….

6. luc

I had tracer vp, carbine, dated some sta cruz, and stick on that my mojo hd is much better on climbs and accelerating, thus going down w/ my pals with double crown dh specific bikes, on the short downhill runs, berms, steeps, rocks, every situation…
    VPP may be good in cornering, pumping, steep runs etc, but when comes to pedaling, the dw-link does all what the VPP does, adding a very efficient pedaling platform, nice “travel curve”.
    My hd is size medium, bos deville 170 fork, bos void shock, enve wheels, dh tires, 50-70mm stem, 780mm bar
    190lbs RW/176cm tall
    *the VPP bikes may work for lighter guys for sure

X

Also in Dirt 100 2013

2013 Dirt 100: Lapierre Spicy 916

Read More