Location: Waverley, GB
Reason for Sale: Changing to a 29er hardtail.
Postage: Collection from Farnham in Surrey is my preference although I would be willing to meet halfway. Cash on collection please.
Returns No returns.
After 5 years or so riding my Cove Stiffee, I’ve decided to swap it for a 29er hardtail.
I built this bike up in January 2008 from a mixture of new parts, 2nd hand parts from Ebay and from my spares box. The current spec is:
• Frame: Easton RAD aluminium, size 17.5”, colour red, year 2003. Purchased 2nd hand on Ebay in May 2007.
• Forks: Marzocchi MX Pro Lockout, 120mm travel. Purchased new in April 2009.
• Headset: M Part Sport Headset, 1⅛” threadless type. Purchased new.
• Stem: Easton EA50, 90mm, 6⁰ rise, black. Purchased 2nd hand on Ebay.
• Handlebars: Orange Mountain Bikes Supercross Plus, 6061 alloy, 680mm wide, 30mm rise, 9⁰ sweep. (Taken from my Five when I upgraded the handlebars on that).
• Grips: Ritchey Pro Truegrip VI, dual compound. Purchased new. (I may replace these with something similar).
• Brakes: Shimano LX hydraulic disc, 160mmØ rotors front and rear. Purchased new.
• Front Mech: Shimano LX 580. Purchased new.
• Rear Mech: Shimano LX 581. Purchased new. (Might need new jockey wheels).
• Chainset: Shimano LX Hollow Tech 2, 175mm cranks, 42/34/24 chainrings. Purchased new. (Middle chainring needs replacing).
• Bottom Bracket: External bearing type integral with chainset.
• Shifters: Shimano LX 580, 9 speed. Purchased new.
• Cassette: Shimano LX, 11-32T. Purchased new. (Needs replacing).
• Chain: Sedis Powerlink, 9 speed. Purchased new. (Needs replacing).
• Pedals: DMR V8. Purchased 2nd hand on Ebay. (May need new bearings, but V8s always appear rough).
• Wheels: Mavic XC717 black disc rims with black spokes. Shimano LX 585 disc hubs with centre lock type rotors and standard quick releases. Wheels and brakes were purchased new from Merlin Cycles as a package, wheels were hand built.
• Tyres: Panaracer Trailraker, 26 x 2.1”), virtually new.
• Tubes: Schrader valve type.
• Saddle: Selle Marco gel type. Purchased new.
• Seatpost: Easton EA50, alloy, 26.8 x 350mm, black. Purchased 2nd hand on Ebay.
• Seat Binder: Alloy collar with Q/R. From spares box.
• Extras: Bottle cage.
The bike cost me around £825 to build up, almost 5½ years ago. Obviously it’s been used and bits have worn out and been replaced, or are worn out and need replacing so the asking price is £500, or sensible offers. But it is a complete bike in full working condition, ready to ride!
Seller: Richard Glazier
High Peak, GB
High Peak, GB